Facebook home, face book profile and facebook.com search. Www.facebook.com is most popular for making new friend and chatting with them.
3 Tips for Customizing the New Facebook Home Page:With the new “real time” stream on Facebook’s redesigned home page, Facebook is relying less on its ability to algorithmically select interesting content for users and more on users’ abilities to group and categorize their friends to create the most interesting stream. Here are a couple quick tips for customizing it the new Facebook home page to make it work better for you:
1) Hide friends whose updates you don’t want to see.
The easiest way to get started is to hide friends from the News Feed. You’ll no longer see any shared content from friends you hide.
2) Group friends into Friend Lists and use them to filter your feed.
The next step is to group friends into what Facebook calls “Friend Lists.” Friend Lists are private friend groups that no one ever sees but that you can use for privacy – for example, sharing personal content (like photos) with only some of your Facebook friends. You can also use them to create filtered views on the home page stream so that you only see updates from certain types of friends – like “Best Friends,” “Work Friends,” “High School,” etc.
To create Friend Lists, go to the Friends tab and click “Make a New List” on the left side of the page.
3) Change your default home page filter.
You can change the default stream you see on the home page by dragging a friend list or network filter above “News Feed” on the left. Most people don’t know that this is possible, but it’s a powerful feature once you’ve created a friend list you like using a lot.
Now, you’ll only see updates from “Best Friends” (or whichever list you prefer seeing most often) when you load the home page.
You can only currently use friend lists and networks as your default News Feed filter – not applications. However, you can still rearrange applications in the section below friend lists and networks in order to put your favorite ones on top.
How to Hide Your Profile On Facebook?
Facebook offers several levels of privacy protection, including hiding your profile from certain people and/or offering a limited profile. With just a few tweaks of the settings, you can easily set exactly who sees what on your profile.
Hide Only Your Profile
1. Sign on to the Facebook home page with your email address and password (see Resources below).
2. Click on “My Privacy” to change who can see your profile. The My Privacy page lets you adjust each feature of your Facebook account separately. If you only want to hide certain features, like the mini-feed or photos, then adjust only those preferences.
3. Click on “Edit Settings” for the limited profile. You will land on a page with a preview of your current limited profile.
4. Choose all or none of the Facebook features you want people to see on your limited profile. To completely hide your profile, make sure all boxes are unchecked before hitting the “Save” button.
5. Add people to the limited profile list from the My Privacy page. People you put on the list can only view the features you let them see. They will still be your friends, however.
Hide Yourself Completely on Facebook
1. Head to the “My Privacy” page while logged in to Facebook.
2. Search for users to add to the “Block People’ list. You can add any user on Facebook. Once added, that user will not be able to view any part of your profile or find you when doing searches. This is the best way to hide completely from someone.
3. Find the user you want to block and simply click “Block Person” next to his or her name.
4. Click “Remove” next to the person’s name if you later decide you don’t want to block the person. If the person was your friend on Facebook, you will have to request to be his or her friend again.
Tips & Warnings
# If you use the privacy settings on Facebook properly, you can control every aspect of your profile and who sees it. See the Help section for more information on setting the various privacy levels (see Resources below).
# The only way to truly hide on Facebook and completely protect your identity is to delete your account entirely. Otherwise, you must add each person you want to hide from individually.
How to Search Facebook by Location?
You’ve finally done it. You have followed your friend’s advice and joined Facebook. You’d like to meet others in your local area and become their friends on Facebook also. Follow the steps below to search Facebook by location.
1. Log onto Facebook. Input your login information – email and password, into the boxes. Click “Login” Button.
2. Go to the left-hand top of your Facebook page to the “Friends” button. Click and drag down to “Find Friends” menu. Select item.
3. This will bring you to the “Find Your Friends on Facebook” page.
4. Venture to the bottom of this page to the “Search For People” box. Type in a name, an email or in our instance a location, like Lebanon, PA. Click on the “Search” button.
5. You will see a list of friends who have Lebanon, PA in their listing. Searches are shown in increments of 500.
6. If you find someone you would like to make as your friend, select the “Add as a Friend” button. This will send out a message to that person, asking if they would like to approve you as a friend.
7. You can also search by email for people in your local area on Facebook.
Information from Insidefacebook and ehow.