Christmas day is a holiday of Christian culture. It is celebrated on December 25. This day is significant for the traditional birthday of Jesus. Christians and many non-Christians observed this day with doing gift giving, church services, family and other social gatherings, symbolic decorating. The date is not known to be the actual birthday of Jesus, and may have initially been chosen to correspond with either the day exactly nine months after some early Christians believed Jesus had been conceived.
The December 25 is not known to be the actual birthday of Jesus, and may have initially been chosen to correspond with either the day exactly nine months after some early Christians believed Jesus had been conceived, the date of the winter solstice on the ancient Roman calendar, or one of various ancient winter festivals. Christmas is central to the Christmas and holiday season, and in Christianity marks the beginning of the larger season of Christmastide, which lasts twelve days.
Christmas Day is celebrated as a major festival and public holiday in most countries of the world, even in many whose populations are mostly non-Christian. In some non-Christian countries, periods of former colonial rule introduced the celebration in others, Christian minorities or foreign cultural influences have led populations to observe the holiday. Countries such as Japan and Korea, where Christmas is popular despite there being only a small number of Christians, have adopted many of the secular aspects of Christmas, such as gift-giving, decorations and Christmas trees.
“A Christmas candle is a lovely thing, it makes no noise at all, but softly gives itself away.” – Eva Logue
“I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.” – Harlan Miller
“Christmas is for children. But it is for grown-ups too. Even if it is a headache, a chore, and nightmare, it is a period of necessary defrosting of chill and hide-bound hearts.”- Lenora Mattingly Weber
“Christmas day is a day of joy and charity. May God make you very rich in both.” – Phillips Brooks
“Health, Peace, and sweet content be yours.” – Shakespeare
“Christmas is the Disneyfication of Christianity” – Don Cupitt
“It was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, “God Bless Us, Every One!” – Charles Dickens
“I do like Christmas on the whole…. In its clumsy way, it does approach Peace and Goodwill. But it is clumsier every year.” – E.M. Forster
“There has been only one Christmas – the rest are anniversaries.” – W.J. Cameron
“May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!” – Jackson Rana
“He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” – Roy L. Smith
“Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!” – Hamilton Wright Mabie
“From a commercial point of view, if Christmas did not exist it would be necessary to invent it.” – Katharine Whitehorn
“Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition.” – Jacques Barzun
“The Angels were all singing out of tune, And hoarse with having little else to do, Excepting to wind up the sun and moon Or curb a runaway young star or two.” – Lord Byron
“The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others’ burdens, easing others loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of Christmas.” – W. C. Jones
“Keep your Christmas-heart open all the year round.” – Jessica Archmint
(1) Heap on the wood!-the wind is chill; But let it whistle as it will, We’ll keep our Christmas merry still.
(2) I am dreaming of white Christmas , with every Christmas card i write, May your days be merry and bright, and May all your Christmases be white.Happy Christmas.
(3) Ur friendship is a glowing ember through the yr n each December from its warm n living spark v kindle flame against da dark n with its shining radiance light our tree of faith on Christmas night.
(4) ()”"”() ,*
( ‘o’ ) ,***
Roses 4 u…
MERRY CHRISTMAS to
(5) If one night a big fat man jumps in at your window, grabs you and puts you in a sack don't worry I told Santa I wanted you for Christmas, happy X-mas.
(6) Lets welcome the year which is fresh and new,Lets cherish each moment it beholds, Lets celebrate this blissful New year. Merry Christmas day.
(7) It was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless Us, Every One!
(8) if one night you wake up and a big fat male is trying to put you in a sack please don't be afraid because i told santa all i want for christmas is you.
(9) May the joy and peace of Christmas be with you all through the Year. Wishing you a season of blessings from heaven above. Happy Christmas.
(10) Christmas is the time of the year when we wait for jingle bells and wishing our near and dear ones.