Happy New Year 2011. New Year may be a significant event for many people. But the absurdities of the celebration cannot escape a skeptic’s mind. Here are some funny and inspirational New Year quotes, sayings, wishes, greetings and messages (text sms).
Funny New Years quotes, sayings, wishes and greetings:
1. “People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.”
2. “Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to.”
3. The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year’s Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you’re married to.
-P. J. O’Rourke
4. “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.”
5. “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.”
6. Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average… which means, you have met your New Year’s resolution.
7. “Happiness is too many things these days for anyone to wish it on anyone lightly. So let’s just wish each other a bileless New Year and leave it at that.”
8. “New Year’s Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.”
9. New Year’s Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.
10. The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective. Unless a man starts on the strange assumption that he has never existed before, it is quite certain that he will never exist afterwards. Unless a man be born again, he shall by no means enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
-G. K. Chesterton
New Year inspirational quotes, sayings, wishes and greetings:
1. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
2. It is difficult to live in the present, ridiculous to live in the future, and impossible to live in the past. Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.
3. In bed my real love has always been the sleep that rescued me by allowing me to dream.
4. You have done what you could — some blunders and absurdities have crept in. Forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
5. Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
6. One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this — To rise above the little things.
7. People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.
8. We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called “Opportunity” and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.
-Edith L. Pierce
9. Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
-T. S. Elliot
10. To the old, long life and treasure; To the young, all health and pleasure.
New Year Funny Messages (Text SMS):
1. May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.
2. Fill ur life with Happiness & Bright Cheer,
Bring to u Joy and Prosperity for the whole Year,
And it’s my New Year wish 4u Dear…
Wish u a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.
3. Keep the smile,
leave the tear,
Think of joy,
forget the fear,
Hold the laugh,
leave the pain,
Be joyous ,
Coz its new year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR
4. Memorable moment r celebrate together,
U r my best friend for now & forever,
Make me Miss U even more this New Year,
Hope this 2006 bring Happiness for you Dear.
5. New Year brings just Happiness not Tear,
Everybody loves only You Dear,
All your Problems will be Finish……
It’s for You my Special NEW YEAR’S wish.
6. HAPPY NEW YEAR
Receive my simple gift of LOVE
Wrapped with SINCERITY
Tied with CARE &
Sealed with BLESSINGS
2 Keep u HAPPY & SAFE all the life long.
HAPPY NEW YEAR..!
7. Good resolutions are simply checks
that men draw on a bank
where they have no account.
Happy New Year.