New Jersey employment to file a new claim for Unemployment Insurance Benefits or reopen an existing Unemployment Insurance claim over the Internet. You may use this application if you meet the following:
* All of your work was in New Jersey in the past 18 months
* You did not work for the federal government in the past 18 months
* You did not serve in the military in the past 18 months
* You did not work as a maritime employee in the past 18 months
* You do not reside outside the United States
* You do not want to reopen or file an Extended Benefit Claim
In order to process your claim in a timely manner, we strongly recommend that you enter your New Jersey driver’s license number or Non-Driver Photo Identification Card number, if you have one. Although this is not a requirement for filing a claim, it will expedite the processing of your claim. You should also have the following available:
* Pencil/pen and paper.
* Your Social Security Number.
* If you are not a citizen, you will need your Alien Registration Documentation issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This includes your alien registration type and number, country of origin, and your Employment Authorization Card or Permanent Resident Card if authorized to work in the United States.
* If you wish to have your benefits directly deposited to your bank, your bank information.
* Employer information on all employer(s) in the last 18 months including: Name, address, telephone number, beginning and end dates of employment, and reason for separation.
Please be advised that if your computer is idle for 30 minutes or more, your session will “time out” and all of your claim information will be lost. If you exit for any reason before completing the application, all of your information will be lost.
Data Privacy and Security:
The information collected as a result of your application for unemployment compensation is private data and cannot be released except when authorized by state or federal law, by a court order, or with your permission. The information you or your employer(s) provide may be used for New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development business and may be used to provide an income and eligibility verification between State Agencies administering programs under a plan approved under Title I, X, XIV, XVI of the Social Security Act as indicated under Section 1137 (a)(6) of the Social Security Act. It may be shared with other state or federal agencies that determine your eligibility for Medicaid, Food Stamps, Social Security, or other state or federal benefits and programs. Your Social Security Number will be validated with the Social Security Administration. If you are not a citizen of the United States, your work authorization in the United States will be validated with Homeland Security.
Special Security Notice:
Precautions are being taken to keep the information you provide in this application private and secure. This online application is using a secure connection. Data submitted using this application is encrypted. You should be aware that using a shared computer may enable others to view your personal information.