July 4 – This date is marked on caledar of every American. Tommorrow July 4th will be the 234th anniversary celebration of American Independence day.
Independence Day Quotes:
1. “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” -Abraham Lincoln
2. “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”-Benjamin Franklin
3. “Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed – else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.”–Dwight D. Eisenhower.
4. “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” -Thomas Paine
5. He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself.” -Thomas Paine
6. “The American Revolution was a beginning, not a consummation.” -Woodrow Wilson
7. “Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have.” -Harry Emerson Fosdick
8. “Democracy shows not only its power in reforming governments, but in regenerating a race of men and this is the greatest blessing of free governments”
- Andrew Jackson, 7th US President (1767-1845)
9. “Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.”–Albert Camus.
10. “May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our own country!”–Daniel Webster.
11. “When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country.”
12. “Patriotism is like charity — it begins at home. ”
- James Henry
13. “National honor is national property of the highest value.”
- James Monroe
14. “What is the essence of America? Finding and maintaining that perfect, delicate balance between freedom “to” and freedom “from.”
- Marilyn vos Savant
15. “We stand for freedom. That is our conviction for ourselves; that is our only commitment to others. ”
- John F Kennedy