July 4 – This date is marked on caledar of every American. Tommorrow July 4th will be the 234th anniversary celebration of American Independence day.
Independence Day Quotes:
1. “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” –Abraham Lincoln
2. “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”-Benjamin Franklin
3. “Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed – else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.”–Dwight D. Eisenhower.
4. “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” –Thomas Paine
5. He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself.” –Thomas Paine
6. “The American Revolution was a beginning, not a consummation.” –Woodrow Wilson
7. “Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have.” –Harry Emerson Fosdick
8. “Democracy shows not only its power in reforming governments, but in regenerating a race of men and this is the greatest blessing of free governments”
– Andrew Jackson, 7th US President (1767-1845)
9. “Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.”–Albert Camus.
10. “May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our own country!”–Daniel Webster.
11. “When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country.”
12. “Patriotism is like charity — it begins at home. ”
– James Henry
13. “National honor is national property of the highest value.”
– James Monroe
14. “What is the essence of America? Finding and maintaining that perfect, delicate balance between freedom “to” and freedom “from.”
– Marilyn vos Savant
15. “We stand for freedom. That is our conviction for ourselves; that is our only commitment to others. ”
– John F Kennedy