People want to know, when is Mothers Day? Or Mothers Day date 2010.
The modern Mother’s Day is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in May, though also celebrated in March in some countries, as a day to honour mothers and motherhood.
Mothers Day is celebrated in several country across the globe though the month and date on which Mother’s Day is celebrated in different countries varies. Most countries celebrate Mothers Day on second Sunday in the Month of May. This Mother’s Day date was declared by US President Woodrow Wilson on May 8, 1914 when he signed a Joint Resolution designating the second Sunday in May as Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day Date in Different Countries:
United States: Second Sunday in the month of May.
Australia: Second Sunday in the month of May.
Belgium: Second Sunday in the month of May.
Brazil: Second Sunday in the month of May.
Canada: Second Sunday in the month of May.
Denmark: Second Sunday in the month of May.
Finland: Second Sunday in the month of May.
Germany: Second Sunday in the month of May.
Greece: Second Sunday in the month of May.
India: Second Sunday in the month of May.
Italy: Second Sunday in the month of May.
Japan: Second Sunday in the month of May.
New Zealand: Second Sunday in the month of May.
Singapore: Second Sunday in the month of May.
Turkey: Second Sunday in the month of May.
United Kingdom/England: Mother’s Day is called Mothering Sunday and falls on the fourth Sunday in Lent.
France: First Sunday in June or last Sunday in May
Much of South America (as well as Mexico), Bahrain, Malaysia, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates: May 10
Mexico: – May 8
Albania: – March 8
Russia: – November 28
Poland: – May 26
Indonesia: – December 22
Egypt: – March 21
Norway: – February 13
Thailand: Birthday of Queen Sirikit Kitiyakara – August 12
Sweden: Last Sunday in May
Lebanon: First day of Spring
Norway: The second Sunday in February
Austria, Hong Kong, Netherlands, Taiwan, Hungary, Portugal, South Africa, Spain: First Sunday in May
Antwerp (Belgium), Costa Rica: Assumption day – August 15
Argentina: The Día de la Madre – The second or third Sunday in October
When is Mothers Day – Mothers Day Date 2010
United States — May 9, 2010
The United States celebrates Mother’s Day on the second Sunday in May.
In 2010, Mother’s Day will fall on Sunday, May 9.
Celebration Dates on May 9, 2010
The following countries celebrated Mother’s Day on May 9:
United Kingdom — March 14, 2010
Mothering Sunday falls on the fourth Sunday in Lent. In 2010, Mothering Sunday will occur on March 14.
Ireland also celebrates Mothering Sunday.
Celebration Dates Throughout 2010 for Moms in Other Countries Around the World
- February 14 – Norway
- March 14 – Ireland, Nigeria, United Kingdom
- March 3 – Georgia
- March 8 – Afghanistan, Bulgaria, Laos, Macedonia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Ukraine. The date coincides with the International Women’s Day.
- March 21 (first day of spring) – Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Syria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Palestinian Territories, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Sudan, Saudi Arabia
- March 25 – Slovenia
- April 7 – Armenia
- May 2 (first Sunday in May) – Hungary, Lithuania, Portugal, Spain
- May 8 – South Korea, Albania (Parents’ Day)
- May 10 – Anguilla, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Bonaire, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Slovakia, South Africa, St. Lucia, Suriname, Switzerland, Taiwan, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, United States, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Curaçao, Cyprus, Uruguay, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Latvia, Malta, Malaysia, Myanmar, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Venezuela, Zimbabwe. El Salvador, Guatemala, and Mexico
- May 30 (last Sunday in May) – Algeria, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Mauritius, Morocco, Sweden, Tunisia, France(France is the last Sunday in May except if it coincides with Pentecost day [50th day after lent] , in which case it is shifted to the first Sunday in June)
- May 26 – Poland
- May 27 – Bolivia
- May 30 – Nicaragua
- June 13 (second Sunday in June) – Luxembourg
- June 27 (last Sunday in June) – Kenya
- August 12 – Thailand (Queen Sirikit Kitiyakara’s birthday)
- August 15 – Costa Rica, Antwerp (Belgium)
- October 11 (second Monday in October) – Malawi
- October 14 – Belarus
- October 17 (third Sunday in October) – Argentina
- November 28 (last Sunday in November) – Russia
- December 8 – Panama
- December 22 – Indonedia