Emergency Unemployment Compensation Tier 1 Details: Emergency Unemployment Compensation is provided by congress and it is a Federal extension. Maximum benefit paid by Tier 1 is 80 percent of a person’s regular claim or 20 weeks.
Necessary Qualifications for EUC Tier 1:
* Your basic year wages have to be pass 40 times your weekly benefit amount or have to be equal.
* Most recent claim that you made must have to exhausted regular benefits or have to expired. If your recent claim exhausted, then your regular claim must have to exhaust with the payment for the week of November 14 – 20, 2010 or before. If it is expired then your claim must have to expire on May 1, 2007 or later.
* You will not be qualified for unemployment benefits on a new claim, or a claim in another state or Canada.
* Your application must be filed before 4th December, 2010, and be effective for November 21 – 27, 2010 or earlier. With an Emergency Unemployment Compensation balance, at the weekend of November 27, 2010 claimants can claim for the remainder of EUC Tier 1 balance through the week ending April 30, 2011.
How to apply for Tier 1:
You must have to call your Unemployment Insurance Center:
Portland Metro – 503-451-2400 or 1-877-877-1781
Eugene – 541-686-7800 or 1-877-728-7970
Bend – 541-388-6207 or 1-800-663-7914
People who live outside of Oregon they will call at 1-877-877-9996.
Before calling you have to be prepare with the following information:
* Current address and phone number,
* Work history as you last claimed for unemployment benefits,
* If you worked out of state in the last 18 months
You may also asked if you have:
* filed for benefits against another state since you last claimed unemployment benefits in the state of Oregon,
* changed bank accounts which could affect your direct deposit, Or, kept your ReliaCard.
To know about Oregon Unemployment Extended Benefits click here