The Google Alert service helps you to retrieve information based on your chosen keywords. You can set up alerts for news about your favorite topics, track weather, get sports scores or information about sales and bargains. Best of all, Google alerts save you time because your results are automatically delivered to your inbox. You can scan them as they arrive or archive them for later use.
Here is a step by step procedure of setting up New Google Alert:
- Point your browser to the Google Alerts BETA page. Enter the keyword(s) for the alert that you want to setup.
- Select the type of Alert you want to receive. The comprehensive Alert retrieves news from blogs, news sources, Google Groups messages and websites. You can choose to get results from only one of these sources, instead of all sources.
- Choose how often Google will send the Alerts to you. Google can send your alerts as soon as it finds a match to your keyword, once daily or only once a week.
- Enter the email address that you will use for your Alerts. If you don’t have a Google email account, you will need to register for one.
- Click “Create Alert” when you are finished entering your keywords, choices of sources and frequency for messages.
- Review and revise your Alerts if you receive too much or too little information. Log in on the Google Accounts page. Choose “Manage Alerts” to see your saved Alerts. Delete alerts that you no longer need